Terms & Conditions and Privacy
Use of this website, copyright and content
The copyright within and content of this website is wholly owned by Clipsters & Co., 19 MacDonald Road, London E17 4AY. Where third party content is used, for example stock images of products, permission for their appropriate use has been sought. The use of any content on this site without express permission, in whole or in part, is prohibited. Clipsters & Co. cannot be liable for the content of third party sites that may be linked to from this site.
Content related to dog welfare, training or ownership is for general educational and informational purposes and is not specific advice and it not a substitute for professional advice. Clipsters & Co. attempts to be a part of a supportive community based around caring for dogs and building healthy, positive relationships between dogs, their owners, and wider society. To do this we want users to share their ideas, views and experiences. Despite our efforts to provide a platform for these aims, however, we need help from you, our users and customers, to make sure this platform is used in the right way. We do not accept any form of bullying, intolerance, personal attacks, abuse or threats. Dog ownership is for everyone and everyone has something to share and learn. Help us to keep this platform and community civil, honest and positive by reporting any behaviour that may contravene these ideals by emailing email@example.com or using the form on the Contact Us page.
Privacy & Security
We may collect personal information from users, including name, contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers, postal address (which may be a residential address or business address). These are submitted so that a purchase may be made and delivered, or when a user elects to recieve marketing communications, submit a comment or review.
Data may also be collected automatically via cookie. Such information relates to how users interact with this website and is used to help us improve user experience, product range and services, the information we provide etc.
We only collect that data which is necessary for us to operate as a business, and WE DO NOT pass on your data to any third parties. The exception to this is during payment where a secure third party payment provider processes your details, and where delivery details are passed to third party delivery and courier companies.
You have the right, at any time, to ask what information we are holding, and for it to be deleted or corrected. Clipsters & Co. comply with UK GDPR rules.
For full details, see the below Privacy and Cookie section
Delivery, Refunds and Returns
Clipsters & Co. comply with the Consumer Rights Act (2015). For full details, see our Delivery & Returns policy.
The below terms outline acceptable use and the agreement between Clipsters & Co. and users of this website with regard to data security and the proper use of this website and our services. We encourage you to read them in full. By using this website we will assume that a user agrees to these terms.
Use of this Website
All aspects of the design and content of this Website are covered by applicable copyright laws. The logos, names (Clipsters & Co. and Clipsters & Company) and images associated with us and our Service are protected.
The content on this Site is owned by Clipsters & Co. Where stock or library images or content is used (eg. product images supplied by manufacturers), we have obtained the appropriate permissions
Where a user submits content to this Website (eg. in the form of an article comment, testimonial or product review) we have the right to remove that content if we consider it misleading or inappropriate.
The information provided by Clipsters & Co.(‘we’, ‘us’, or ‘our) on clipsters.dog (the ‘Site’) is for general informational purposes only. All information is provided in good faith, and all reasonable attempts are made to ensure accuracy and reliability, however we make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability, or completeness of any information on the Site. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHALL WE HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF THE SITE OR RELIANCE ON ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SITE. YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND YOUR RELIANCE ON ANY INFORMATION ON THE SITE IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
External Links Disclaimer
The Site may contain (or you may be sent through The Site) links to other
websites or content belonging to or originating from third parties or links to websites and features in banners or other advertising. Such external links are not investigated, monitored, or checked for accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability, or completeness by us. WE DO NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OFFERED BY THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES LINKED THROUGH THE SITE OR ANY WEBSITE OR FEATURE LINKED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING. WE WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
The Site cannot and does not contain specific advice on dog welfare, training or ownership. The information provided, although based on research and formal study, is for general informational and educational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional advice. Accordingly, before taking any actions based upon such information, we encourage you to carry out independent research and to consult with an appropriate, qualified professional (eg. veterinary professional, qualified dog trainer etc). THE USE OR RELIANCE OF ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE SITE IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
The Site may contain testimonials, comments and product reviews by users of our products and/or services. These testimonials reflect the real-life experiences and opinions of such users. However, the experiences are personal to those particular users, and may not necessarily be representative of all users of our products and/or services. We do not claim, and you should not assume, that all users will have the same experiences. Specific circumstances (eg. geography, costs, times of year, dog breed) may affect your experience in a way different to other users.
Testimonials etc. on the Site may be submitted in various forms such as text, audio and/or video, and are reviewed by us before being posted/shared. They appear on the Site verbatim as given by the users, except for the correction of grammatical or typing errors. Some testimonials may have been shortened for the sake of brevity and/or clarity where the full testimonial contained extraneous information not relevant to the other users.
The views and opinions contained in the testimonials belong solely to the individual user and do not reflect our views and opinions. We are not affiliated with users who provide testimonials, and users are not paid or otherwise compensated (financially or in kind) for their testimonials.
A Note On User Content And Interaction On This Site
Clipsters & Co. attempts to be a part of a supportive community based around caring for dogs and building healthy, positive relationships between dogs, their owners, and wider society. To do this we want users to share their ideas, views and experiences. Despite our efforts to provide a platform for these aims, however, we need help from you, our users and customers, to make sure this platform is used in the right way. We do not accept any form of bullying, intolerance, personal attacks, abuse or threats. Dog ownership is for everyone and everyone has something to share and learn. Help us to keep this platform and community civil, honest and positive by reporting any behaviour that may contravene these ideals by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or using the form on the Contact Us page. Thank you.
Where our guidelines regarding user generated content are violated, this will result in the posting or comment being restricted by first being flagged for moderation. This will mean a moderator is required to approve the post. This restriction is designed to be temporary and will be lifted when the moderator is satisfied the situation has been resolved. If a user finds they cannot follow the guidelines subsequent to this process, their account will be blocked. Further actions can and will be applied if necessary, and the user informed as much in advance.
Intellectual Property (IP) And This Website
Copyright: All content on this website, including but not limited to all text, graphics, logos, images, audio clips, digital downloads, and software, is the property of the website owner and is protected by copyright laws. Any unauthorised use of this content is strictly prohibited. Where appropriate, some third party content may have been used on this Site (eg. manufacturer’s specifications quoted within a product description) without reference to the origin of that content. For confirmation and clarification, email email@example.com.
Trademarks: All trademarks, service marks, and logos displayed on this website are the property of their respective owners. Use of any trademark or logo without the owner’s consent is strictly prohibited. The Clipsters & Co. logo, and the C&C logo are registered trademarks of Clipsters & Co.
Licence: By using this Website, you agree to comply with these IP Terms and Conditions and grant the Website owner a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide licence to use, copy, reproduce, publish, display, and distribute any content you submit or post on the website. Where appropriate, we may contact you before sharing any content you have submitted to the Site.
User-generated Content: Any content submitted or posted by users on this website, including but not limited to comments, feedback, product reviews and suggestions, becomes the property of the Website owner and may be used, reproduced, and displayed without limitation.
Copyright dispute: The website owner respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects users of this website to do the same. If you believe that your copyrighted work has been infringed on this website, please provide a written notice to the website owner at firstname.lastname@example.org including the following information: (a) a physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorised to act on their behalf; (b) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (c) a description of where the allegedly infringing material is located on the website; (d) your contact information, including your name, address, telephone number, and email address; (e) a statement that you have a good-faith belief that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (f) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorised to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Clipsters & Co. (‘Company’, ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’) is a company registered in the UK. We operate this Site, as well as any other related products and services that refer or link to this Policy (collectively, the ‘Services’).
Use Of The Services
When you use the Services you warrant that you will comply with this Policy and with all applicable laws.
You also acknowledge that you may not:
- Systematically (either manually or through other means) retrieve data or other content from the Services to create, compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database or director without express, written permission from us.
- Make any unauthorised use of the Services, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses or users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited materials through any media, or to create user accounts by automated means or under false pretences.
- Circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with any security-related features of the Services, including features designed to prevent or restrict the use of copying any content or enforce limitations on the use of the Services and/or content contained therein.
- Engage in unauthorised framing of or linking to the Services.
- Trick, defraud, or mislead us and/or other users, especially in any attempt to learn sensitive or personal information including, but not limited to, passwords,email address etc.
- Make improper use of our Services, including our support services, or to submit false reports of abuse or misconduct related to the Services.
- Engage in any automated use of the Services, such as using scripts or ‘bots’ to send comments or message, or using any data mining or similar data gathering and/or extraction tools or devices.
- Interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the Services or networks or connected Services.
- Attempt to impersonate another user or person or use the username of another (without their express permission).
- Use any information obtained from the Services in order to harass, abuse, defame or in any way harm another person.
- Use the Services as part of any effort to compete with us or otherwise use the Services and/or content to any type of revenue generation or commercial enterprise without express permission from us (also see Intellectual Property and this Website)
- Decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer in any way the software that makes up this Service and enables it to operate, except for that provided for under applicable law/s.
- Attempt to bypass any measure of the Services designed to prevent or restrict access to the Services or any part thereof.
- Delete or amend the copyright of other proprietary notices within any of the content of the Service (also see Intellectual Property and this Website).
- Upload or transmit, or attempt to upload or transmit, in any way, any virus, malware or other malicious code or software, or spam content that may may interfere with the Service’s normal, uninterrupted operation or with the normal use of the Service by any user or customer, or to otherwise disrupt or attempt to disrupt, interfere or amend any aspect of the Service, its use, functions, operation or maintenance.
- Upload or transmit, or attempt to upload or transmit, in any way, any type of passive or active data gathering or transmission mechanism or device, including but not limited to, clear GIFs, 1×1 pixels, web bugs, unauthorised cookies or anything that might be described as spyware, passive collection mechanisms or PCMs.
- Except that which may be the result of legitimate, standard, mainstream search engines or Internet browser usage, to use, launch, develop or distribute any automated system or process that access the Services, such as spiders, robots, cheat utilities, scrapers or offline readers.
- Disparage, defame, tarnish or otherwise harm us and/or the Services. Any reasonable complaints will be handled in accordance with the Terms and Conditions and should, in the first instance, be directed to email@example.com.
- Use the Services in any manner inconsistent with the applicable laws and regulations.
Breach of the Policy as outlined will result in appropriate consequences ranging from, by way of example, a simple written warning to the termination/disabling of a customer account and refusal of service, to legal proceedings and informing legal authorities. We will use our best judgement as to the most appropriate action in the circumstances and will inform any user affected, where possible, of our intentions in advance. We exclude liability for any action we may feel required to take in the event of a breach of this Policy.
A note on payments
Clipsters & Co. process website payments using WooCommerce and Stripe, globally trusted payment and ecommerce providers. Via Stripe and WooCommerce we accept payment from Google Pay, Apple Pay, Mastercard, Visa, and other major card providers. Payments to Clipsters & Co. should appear on your account or statement as ‘Clipsters & Co.’ but some providers may use other reference names and numbers.
Orders will only be processed by Clipsters & Co. upon receipt of confirmation of payment by WooCommerce.
Your internet browser may save your card details. Clipsters & Co. have no direct access to your card or bank details. All payments and refunds are processed by WooCommerce and Stripe.
WooCommerce operate a fraud protection system to filter suspicious transactions. In the unlikely event your transaction is flagged as suspicious, this may result in a slight delay to your payment and order being processed. Where this is the case, we will contact you directly.
Clipsters & Co. DO NOT accept payment via bank transfer, cheque, cash on delivery, and we do not work with credit providers or buy now, pay later platforms. If you have any questions about paying for your products, or how we process payments, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Privacy and Cookies
Definitions and interpretation
collectively all information that you submit to Clipsters & Co. via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
Data Protection Laws
any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the GDPR, and any national implementing and supplementary laws, regulations and secondary legislation;
the UK General Data Protection Regulation;
Clipsters & Co.,
Clipsters & Co. of 19 MacDonald Road, London, E17 4AY;
UK and EU Cookie Law
the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011 & the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2018;
User or you
any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Clipsters & Co. and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Clipsters & Co. and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
the website that you are currently using, clipstersandcompany.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
- For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Clipsters & Co. is the “data controller”. This means that Clipsters & Co. determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
- We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- postal address (which may be a residential address or business address);
How we collect Data
- We collect Data in the following ways:
- data is given to us by you; and
- data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
- Clipsters & Co. will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
- when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
- when you make payments to us, through this Website or otherwise;
- when you provide delivery or other details in order to fulfil an order made via the Website;
- when you elect to receive marketing communications from us;
- when you submit a comment (on an article) or review (of a product);
Data that is collected automatically
- To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
- we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content (eg. products viewed, articles read etc.)
- we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed “Cookies”.
Our use of Data
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- improvement of our products / services;
- transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you (should you choose to receive them);
- We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed “Your rights” below).
- For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we’ll need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft-opt-in:
- soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a particular product/service, and we are marketing similar products/services). Under “soft opt-in” consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out.
- for other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that we’ll provide.
- if you are not satisfied with our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed “Your rights” below.
Who we share Data with
- We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
- third party payment providers who process payments made over the Website – to enable third party payment providers to process user payments and refunds;
- third party delivery and courier companies in order to deliver Goods ordered by you to the postal address specified;
Keeping Data secure
- We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and a username that is unique to you.
- we store your Data on secure servers including Cloud service providers (eg Google Drive).
- Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: email@example.com.
- If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
- Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
- You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access – the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
- Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
- Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
- To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
- It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Clipsters & Co. to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
- This Website may place the following Cookies:
Type of Cookie
Strictly necessary cookies
These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region). By using the Website, you agree to our placement of functionality cookie.
- You can find a list of Cookies that we use in the Cookies Schedule.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please see the help menu in your internet browser. You can switch off Cookies at any time, however, you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however, you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact Clipsters & Co. by email at email@example.com.
Below is a list of the cookies that we use. We have tried to ensure this is complete and up to date, but if you think that we have missed a cookie or there is any discrepancy, please let us know.
We use the following strictly necessary cookies:
We use a session cookie to remember you and maintain your session whilst you are using our website.
We use the following functionality cookies:
We use functionality cookies to identify your computer and analyse traffic patterns on our website.
We use the following analytical/performance cookies:
We performance cookies to help us analyse and understand how users use the website and improve user experience.